- The Huayna Picchu is the most popular tourist attraction within Machu Picchu.
- The steep roads at the foot of vertiginous ravines are rewarded by the incredible view from the top of Waynapicchu.
- To live this incredible experience, it is necessary to book well in advance of the entrance ticket.
- But, how long before buying the ticket to the ‘young mountain’? Here you know everything you need to get the desired ticket on time.
- What to see in the Huayna Picchu mountain?
- What is the entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu
- How long before booking the Huayna Picchu ticket?
- What if I do not get a Huayna Picchu ticket?
- Recommendations to visit Huayna Picchu
What to see in the Huayna Picchu mountain?
- The Huayna Picchu is the summit that is ruled in the background in the classic photos of the Wonder of the World.
- It is known as the ‘young mountain’ compared to the larger one, the mountain Machu Picchu or ‘old mountain’.
- It is located 2,693 meters above sea level; almost 300 meters above the Inca Citadel. On its roads is the Temple of the Moon, an Inca ceremonial temple carved in stone.
- The trails of Huayna Picchu are not easy. They have an inclination that sometimes reaches 60º.
- In a large part of the journey there are vertiginous ravines. Waynapicchu is one of the biggest visitor attractions in Machu Picchu.
The tour of the Huayna Picchu is about 2 kilometers. On average it takes 2 hours and 30 minutes to go up and down. The most important thing is the desire to reach the top.
What is the entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu?
- The only way to enter Huayna Picchu is by acquiring the entrance Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu.
- This ticket also allows entry to Machu Picchu.
- Only 400 visitors enter Huayna Picchu in 2 groups of 200 people each.
- Huayna Picchu Group 1 – Admission schedule is between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.
The entrance to the Waynapicchu is from seven to eight in the morning. The visit to Machu Picchu is 6 a.m. at 1 p.m.
- Huayna Picchu Group 2 – Admission schedule is between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
The entrance to the Waynapicchu is from ten to eleven in the morning. The visit to Machu Picchu is 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
How long before booking the Huayna Picchu ticket?
- This ticket is sold out before the other tickets. This is due to the limited availability of entrance to Huayna Picchu and the many tourists who wish to access this place.
- In high season of tourism, tickets must be booked with more time in advance.
- In low season
It happens between November to March. If you want to book the ticket to Huayna Picchu for those months you must do it 2 months in advance.
- In high season
It runs from April to October. If you want to book the ticket for those months you must do it up to 4 months before.
What if I do not get a Huayna Picchu ticket?
- There are many visitors who cannot enter Huayna Picchu because they did not book their tickets in advance.
- If you did not get the ticket to Huayna Picchu, the best option is the mountain Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu + Montaña tickets are purchased with less time in advance than Huayna Picchu.
- The Machu Picchu mountain is located above the Inca citadel and with a splendid view of the entire geography of the place.
Unlike the entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu, the Machu Picchu + Montaña ticket is reserved days or weeks in advance.
Recommendations to visit Huayna Picchu
- At the time of entering Huayna Picchu, tourists must carry the ticket with the passport or respective identity document.
- Huayna Picchu is inside Machu Picchu. At the entrance, visitors must register their entry and exit.
- The visit to Huayna Picchu is only allowed to people over 12 years old.
- For security reasons, Huayna Picchu must follow the indicated paths and not trespass the security laces.
- The Huayna Picchu is not recommended for visitors who suffer from fear of heights.
- It is important to carry only what is necessary in a backpack that does not weigh more than 5 kilos: camera, rain poncho, hat, snacks, sunscreen, etc.