Machu Picchu is one of the most extraordinary expressions of engineering and ancient architecture in the world. If you want to get there, know how to buy the entrance ticket.
Our website offers you one of the easiest ways to buy the Machu Picchu ticket in any of its versions, safely and in just minutes. For it:
How to buy the Machu Picchu ticket
Our website offers you one of the easiest ways to buy the Machu Picchu ticket in any of its versions. Doing it is safe and lasts only a few minutes.
To do this, follow the following steps:
a) Check availability
In the availability calendar, select the Machu Picchu ticket option of your choice: year, month, day and time of visit.
The number of available tickets appears just below the date in the availability calendar.
Check that this number is not zero (‘O’). If you find availability, press the button ‘Reserve now’ or click on the box.
The Machu Picchu ticket options are:
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only – 2,500 tickets available.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu – 400 tickets available.
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain – 800 tickets available.
- Tickets Machu Picchu + Museum – subject to the availability of Machu Picchu.
b) Proceed with the reservation
If you have already pressed the button ‘book now’, complete the reservation form. The data that you enter must be exact and without errors.
Data required in the reservation form of the Machu Picchu Ticket:
- Type of ticket.
- Number of passengers.
- Names and surnames.
- Passport number or identity document.
Children under 8 years old do not pay, but must enter Machu Picchu accompanied by their parents or a responsible adult.
c) Send documents by email
After completing the reservation form you must send a photo or digital copy of your passport or identity document through an email to: email@example.com.
The Machu Picchu ticket offers discounts for university students, minors and members of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN): Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia.
Discounts of the Machu Picchu ticket:
- To access the discount applied to students, you must send the copy of the current university card along with a copy of your passport or identity document.
- In case of discount for minors, you must send the copy of the passport or identity document as appropriate.
- To access the Andean Community discount, the visitor must send a digital copy of the passport or identity document that verifies their nationality.
d) Make the payment
Finally, make the payment by following the steps below:
- Check the PayPal payment receipt that will be sent to your email inbox. With one click you can make the payment.
- If you do not have a PayPal account, fill in your information (a new account will automatically be created).
- There are other methods of payment such as Western Union or a bank transfer to the International Bank of Peru (Interbank).
PayPal is the most recommended payment method for speed, security and low fees for sending money. Accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards.
What you will get with each one of the tickets
|What will you get with each type of Machu Picchu ticket?|
|Types of entrance Machu Picchu||What does each type of entrance include Machu Picchu?|
|Ticket Machu Picchu Only||What does each type of entrance include Machu Picchu? Includes the entrance to the Inca City of Machu Picchu. You can enter Machu Picchu as many times as you wish on the date indicated on the ticket.|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu||What does each type of entrance include Machu Picchu? Includes the entrance to the Inca City of Machu Picchu and the mysterious mountain Huayna Picchu (at scheduled times).|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain||What does each type of entrance include Machu Picchu? It includes the entrance to Machu Picchu and the mountain Machu Picchu, located in front of the mountain Huayna Picchu.|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum||What does each type of entrance include Machu Picchu? It includes the entrance to the ancient Inca City of Machu Picchu and the Manuel Chávez Ballón Site Museum.|
How to enter Machu Picchu with a ticket purchased online?
After reserving a Machu Picchu ticket you should only follow the following steps to make the visit to the Wonder of the World.
- After paying the ticket, you will receive the entries in PDF format in your email.
- You only have to print the Machu Picchu tickets as many times as you think necessary.
- On the day of your visit to the Wonder of the World present the tickets printed along with the identity document or passport with which you made your reservation online.
What documents do I need to book tickets to Machu Picchu?
These are the documents you will need to book entrance tickets to Machu Picchu:
Keep in mind that the price varies according to the ticket you choose, your nationality and your age.
Is it safe to buy the Machu Picchu ticket online?
To be sure before buying the Machu Picchu ticket online check that the website has the following security features:
- Internet security systems (Example: SSL, Norton Security, etc.).
- Authorization by the Ministry of Culture of Peru.
- Communication channels: telephones, email and an easy-to-locate location.
Problems with the purchase of the Machu Picchu ticket?
These are some inconveniences that you may have when you buy the Machu Picchu ticket:
- a) There is no availability for the Huayna Picchu ticket
The ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu is the most sought after ticket. It is recommended to make the reservation 3 months in advance. If you do it at the last minute, it is unlikely that you will find availability.
- b) The reservation is no longer valid for non-payment
Then make the reservation the ticket, you must make the payment of the ticket Machu Picchu as soon as possible. Otherwise, the reservation is invalidated.
- c) The data entered in the reservation form have error
If you made a mistake in completing personal information (names, document number); You can make the change or rectification of the ticket at least 3 days in advance.
- d) I do not have a PayPal account
If you do not have a PayPal account at the time of payment, you can create one for free. Another option is to pay by Western Union or a bank transfer by Interbank (Banco Internacional del Peru).
- e) I can not register the reservation for 11 people
Each reservation allows a maximum of 10 tickets to be registered. If you want to make a reservation for more people you must register the first 10 and open another reservation until you complete the number of visitors.