A bucket list would not be a “bucket list” without the Inca city of Machu Picchu and it is one of those places that every person should see at least once in their life; not only for its incredible and mysterious structures or its imposing mountains, but also for its energy, the ways to reach it and the surreal natural environment where it was built. All these “details” have made Machu Picchu, one of the most desired places by people around the world.
There are 5,940 tickets available, this includes the 400 entries to the mountain Huayna Picchu, the 800 to Machu Picchu mountain, the people who enter the Inca Trail and those who decided on the ticket that includes the Machu Picchu site museum. The number of visitors in both shifts (morning and afternoon) can vary between 2,500 and 3,200 people. Most people decide to enter in the morning, this is why we recommend you book your ticket in the afternoon shift; you will have fewer people around you.
There are 4 types of Machu Picchu ticket, each in two shifts and offer different experiences in Machu Picchu. Do you already know which one to choose?
- Ticket Machu Picchu Only
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain
- Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum
- Recommendations to acquire your Machu Picchu tickets
Ticket Machu Picchu Only
This is the standard ticket that will allow you to enter the Inca City of Machu Picchu. In it you can see some of the most incredible and mysterious structures in the world such as the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Temple of the Condor, the Intihuatana and more.
Machu Picchu Morning Shift
The morning shift allows you to enter Machu Picchu in 6 hours depending on the time chosen:
- Ticket Machu Picchu – Income from 6 a.m.
- Ticket Machu Picchu – Income from 7 a.m.
- Ticket Machu Picchu – Income from 8 a.m.
- Ticket Machu Picchu – Income from 9 a.m.
- Ticket Machu Picchu – Income from 10 a.m.
- Ticket Machu Picchu – Income from 11 a.m.
Machu Picchu Afternoon shift
The afternoon shift allows you to enter Machu Picchu from 12 p.m. in 3 schedules depending on the time chosen. You can stay inside until 5.30 p.m.
- Machu Picchu Ticket – Income from 12 p.m.
- Machu Picchu Ticket – Income from 1 p.m.
- Machu Picchu Ticket – Income from 2 p.m.
The good thing about visiting Machu Picchu in the afternoon shift is that there will not be many people around. The majority choose to enter the morning shift.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
This is the most difficult ticket to get in Machu Picchu. In addition to the entrance to the Inca City, it allows access to the Huayna Picchu mountain. Reaching the top of this summit is a world-renowned adventure. There is the famous Temple of the Moon of the Incas.
Huayna Picchu Group 1
With this ticket you can enter the Inca City of Machu Picchu on the morning shift in 2 schedules, from 6:00 a.m. and from 7:00 a.m. Access to Huayna Picchu is between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. and it applies to any of the tickets chosen from the first turn. You can stay in Machu Picchu until 1 p.m. Only 200 tourists can enter the ‘Huayna’ with this ticket.
- Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu – Income from 6 a.m. / Join Mountain 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu – Income from 7 a.m. / Join Mountain 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. 1st Machu Picchu Schedule – Income from 8 a.m.
Huayna Picchu Group 2
With this ticket you can enter Machu Picchu in the morning (from 6 a.m.). Between 10:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. It is the entrance to Huayna Picchu. The departure is at 2 p.m. There are only 200 tickets available per day for this ticket.
- Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu – Income from 8 a.m. / Mountain Entrance 10.30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
The Huayna Picchu Ticket, both in Group 1 and Group 2; They need to book online at least 3 months in advance.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Mountain
This is the newest ticket in Machu Picchu. It allows you to visit the ‘Llactapata’, the mountain on which the Inca City was built. This ticket is recommended for families or groups wishing to have an incredible walk without risks in Machu Picchu.
Montaña Machu Picchu Grupo 1
With this ticket you can visit the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and the Machu Picchu mountain. You can enter Machu Picchu starting at 6:00 a.m. or from 7:00 a.m. according to the chosen ticket. The entrance to this mountain is between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. for any of the tickets. The visitor can stay in the Inca site until 2 p.m.
- Machu Picchu + Mountain – Income from 6 a.m. / Join Mountain 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- Machu Picchu + Mountain – Income from 7 a.m. / Join Mountain 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. 1st Machu Picchu Schedule – Income from 8 a.m.
Mountain Machu Picchu Group 2
With this ticket offers visits to Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain. The entrance time to Machu Picchu is at 8:00 a.m. and the mountain is 9 a.m. at 10 a.m. The departure is until 3 p.m. Both Group 1 and Group 2 have a capacity for 400 people each.
- Machu Picchu + Mountain – Income from 8 a.m. / Join Mountain 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
The Mountain Ticket Machu Picchu does not have as much demand as the Huayna Picchu. If you did not get availability for the latter, perhaps your best option is the ‘Machu Picchu Mountain’.
Ticket Machu Picchu + Museum
The museum of Machu Picchu ‘Manuel Chávez Ballón’ has interactive exhibitions of the objects that were unearthed in the excavations in the Inca City. Likewise, it shows the tools and the hard work of unearthing the Inca site.
This ticket allows you to enter the Inca city of Machu Picchu and the site museum:
- Entrance to Machu Picchu: starting at 6:00 a.m.
- Entrance to site museum: you can visit the museum between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Recommendations to acquire your Machu Picchu tickets
- Machu Picchu tickets must be reserved in advance. Otherwise, you will have to settle for the remaining tickets available.
- Immediately after booking the Machu Picchu tickets, get the train tickets. The latter are also limited.
- Hire a good guide through email@example.com. You will need one to enter Machu Picchu.