Did you know that Machu Picchu opens every day of the year in 2 shifts: morning and afternoon? Since July 2017, the entry schedules were regulated. This 2019, access is limited so it is necessary to check if there is still availability.
Check below if there is availability of the entrance ticket on the day and month of your visit.
Availability of the Ticket Machu Picchu in real time
Choose the day, type of ticket and the group and time you want to visit. The ‘Exhausted’ means that there is no longer availability. If there are still ‘spaces’, do not waste time and book now!
- Information on the types of tickets
- How long before is it recommended to book the tickets Machu Picchu?
- Important information about tickets Machu Picchu
- Is there no availability? What to do?
- 10 questions and answers about availability in Machu Picchu
Information on ticket types
This ticket allows you to visit the archaeological remains in the Inca City of Machu Picchu. It is the best-selling ticket in the Wonder of the World.
- Ticket Machu Picchu Morning Shift (2500 per day): The ideal ticket to appreciate the sunrise at the Wonder of the World. Admission is from 6 in the morning. and has six entry times (6:00 a.m., 7:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.) according to the chosen ticket. The Inca city is visited on average in about 4 hours.
- Ticket Machu Picchu Afternoon Shift (2500 per day): The ideal ticket to appreciate the sunset in the Wonder of the World. The entrance is from 12 m. and has three entry times (12:00 m, 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.) according to the chosen ticket. The visitor can stay until 5:30 p.m. (which is the time when the sanctuary closes).
This ticket allows you to visit the Inca City of Machu Picchu and ascend the Huayna Picchu mountain. This ticket is the fastest running out due to high demand.
- Ticket Huayna Picchu Group 1 (200 people per day): The ascent is made earlier and in a cooler environment. The entrance to Waynapicchu is 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 6 a.m. or from 7:00 a.m., according to the chosen time, and can stay until 1 p.m.
- Ticket Huayna Picchu Group 2 (200 people per day): At the top you can see the incredible landscapes in broad daylight. The entrance to Waynapicchu is from 10:30 a.m. at 11:30 a.m. The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 6 a.m. and can stay until 2 p.m.
This entrance allows you to visit the Inca City and the Machu Picchu mountain, the summit where Incas built the Wonder of the World. This ticket is the great option if you did not find availability for Waynapicchu.
- Ticket Mountain Group 1 (400 people per day): Be one of the first to reach the top of the Wonder of the World. The entrance to the Mountain is from 7 am to 8 am The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 6 a.m. or from 7:00 a.m., according to the chosen schedule and can stay until 2 pm.
- Ticket Mountain Group 2 (400 people per day): Enjoy being at the top of the Wonder of the World full daylight. The entrance to the Mountain is 9 a.m. at 10 a.m. In Machu Picchu from 8 a.m. and can stay until 3 pm.
This entry allows you to visit the Inca City and the Machu Picchu Museum. The museum is the great option to make a cultural visit in the Wonder of the World. This ticket includes:
- Ticket Machu Picchu 6:00 a.m. morning shift (according to Machu Picchu Only ticket availability): Appreciate the history that the constructions of the wonder of the world hide and then complement it with the visit to the Museum. The entrance to Machu Picchu is from 6 a.m.
- Manuel Chavez Ballon Site Museum. Visit the Museum of the site and learn more about the history of Machu Picchu in a cultural and interactive visit. Admission is between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
The Manuel Chávez Ballón Site Museum is open from 9 a.m. at 4.30 p.m.
How long before it is recommended to book the Machu Picchu tickets?
|Ticket Machu Picchu||How long before booking is recommended?|
|Type of entry:||Normally||High season (Apr-Oct)|
|Machu Picchu Ticket Only||Normally 7 days before||High season (Apr-Oct) 21 days before|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu||Normally 60 days before||High season (Apr-Oct) 90 days before|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Montaña||Normally 7 days before||High season (Apr-Oct) 21 days before|
|Ticket Machu Picchu + Museo||Normally 7 days before||High season (Apr-Oct) 21 days before|
Important information about tickets Machu Picchu
- The availability shown on this website is official.
- Machu Picchu remains open 365 days a year, except for unforeseen emergencies.
- Children under 8 years old do NOT pay their entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- There are discounts for university students, minors (from 8 to 17 years old) and citizens of the Andean Community (Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia).
- The ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu is the hardest to get.
- Do not wait to buy your tickets Machu Picchu in Cusco. Do it online in advance. This way you can ensure your entry into the Wonder of the World.
- When you book the ticket online you will receive the entries in the inbox of your email. You just have to print it and present it at the entrance of Machu Picchu.
No availability? What to do?
- If you do not find availability for the ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu, it is recommended to enter the Machu Picchu mountain. The views from this summit are as spectacular as the Waynapicchu.
- Can not find availability? Keep trying. Many visitors do not pay their entrance on time and lose their reservation.
- If you do not find availability for any type of Machu Picchu ticket, you can hire the services of a tour to Machu Picchu.
- Plan your trip. Tickets to Machu Picchu should be the first and most important before traveling. Then you can purchase the train, plane and additional tours tickets.
10 questions and answers about availability in Machu Picchu
why is there so little availability of tickets Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu regulates the entry of visitors in order to preserve the Wonder of the World. With the modifications imposed, the Inca Citadel is currently outside the list of ‘Heritage in Danger’ according to Unesco.
How to book online if you find availability?
If you find availability, just click on ‘Reserve now’, complete the booking form, make the payment and receive the entries in the inbox of your email. Print them and enter Machu Picchu!
How to get availability for the ticket Huayna Picchu?
The ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu is the hardest to get. To ensure your entry you must make the reservation online at least 2 months in advance.
Why can not I find ticket Machu Picchu availability for 2019?
To book an entrance Machu Picchu for 2019 must wait in mid-December. During those days, reservations are only allowed.
How can I get tickets by buying them in Cusco?
Buying Machu Picchu tickets in person in the city of Cusco is not recommended. When booking the tickets a few days before the visit, there is a risk of not finding available tickets.
Is it easy to get availability for the ticket ‘Mountain Machu Picchu’?
Tickets to the Machu Picchu mountain are not as demanding as tickets to Huayna Picchu. However, do not trust yourself. It is advised to make the reservation at least 1 week before.
Is it easy to get availability for the ticket ‘Machu Picchu Museum’?
The ticket Machu Picchu + Museum can be booked weeks before the visit. Remember that the availability of this type of ticket depends on the spaces available on the ticket Machu Picchu Only.
Why is it better to book online to find availability?
Booking online has the advantage of being able to buy tickets from anywhere in the world. This way, the entrance tickets are secured until months before the visit to Cusco, Peru.
What Machu Picchu schedule to choose? Morning Shift or Afternoon Shift?
The morning shift is ideal to appreciate the sunrise. The afternoon shift is with less people around and better lighting to take good pictures.
Which Huayna Picchu group to choose? 7 am or 10 am?
Huayna Picchu in group 1 (7 am to 8 am) is ideal for a climb in a cooler environment. At the top Machu Picchu may dawn with fog. The climb in group 2 (10 am to 11 am) is in a hotter environment. However, at the top you get the best views.