- The entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu is, without a doubt, the most requested entrance in Machu Picchu.
- This ticket allows entry to the popular mountain Huayna Picchu, one of the most famous adventure tourist attractions in the world.
- The Huayna Picchu mountain is the biggest tourist attraction in Machu Picchu.
- The ticket has a limited capacity of 400 tourists per day.
- The 400 daily visitors to the Waynapicchu mountain are divided into two groups: Group 1 (200 tourists) and Group 2 (200 tourists).
- Groups and schedules of entrance to Huayna Picchu
- Why book the Huayna Picchu entrance in advance?
- How to get the Huayna Picchu ticket?
- Important information about Huayna Picchu
Groups and schedules of entrance to Huayna Picchu
- Huayna Picchu ticket offers 2 shifts income. Each has a specific schedule for admission to the Mountain.
The entrance to Huayna Picchu is in 2 groups in order to prevent hikers from crowding as the mountain trails are narrow.
- Time of entry to Huayna Picchu: 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- Time to visit Machu Picchu: 6 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Number of visitors: 200 tourists.
- Visitors who choose this time can make their entry to Machu Picchu from 6 in the morning.
- From 7 a.m. and until 8 a.m. begins the entrance to the mountain Huayna Picchu.
- This schedule allows you to enjoy a fresh atmosphere and see how the sunrise looks over the Inca City.
- When you reach the top, it is possible that the mountain is covered by fog. Especially in the rainy season (November to March).
- The morning mist is dissipating as the morning progresses, which creates an atmosphere of fable.
- Time of entry to Huayna Picchu: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Time to visit Machu Picchu: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Number of visitors: 200 tourists.
- Tourists who decide to enter Huayna Picchu in this group can enter Machu Picchu from 6 a.m.
- After visiting Machu Picchu, visitors can make their way to the mountain Huayna Picchu between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Due to the time of entry to Huayna Picchu, it is recommended to enter Machu Picchu first and then climb the Waynapicchu mountain.
- This type of ticket allows you to enjoy a clearer landscape.
- During the climb you will face a bit of traffic when crossing with the last hikers of the first schedule.
- The descent from Huayna Picchu, on the other hand, is fast and free.
Why book the Huayna Picchu entrance in advance?
- Whether the entry Huayna Picchu in Group 1 or Group 2, the ticket must be booked 2 months in advance.
- Only in this way, tourists can choose the date and the group you want.
- In the high season of tourism (between April and October), the ideal is to make the reservation 3 months before.
- If you do not book well in advance, you may not find tickets available. Therefore, you will have to reserve for a different date.
How to get the Huayna Picchu ticket?
You can get a Huayna Picchu ticket by following the steps below:
- To get this ticket you must first enter the website selling tickets.
- Before starting the reservation process, you should check the availability of Huayna Picchu tickets on the date and group of preference.
- Then you must complete a form with the personal data of the visitors.
- Payment is made with PayPal, an easy payment method that accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards.
- In less than 24 hours, the entrance Huayna Picchu will reach the tourist’s email. You just have to print them to enter.
Huayna Picchu has discounts for university students, minors and citizens of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia.
Important information about Huayna Picchu
- The Temple of the Moon of Huayna Picchu is an enigmatic Inca construction that can only be known by climbing this mountain.
- Only people over 12 years old can go to the mountain Huayna Picchu.
- As a safety measure, visitors must follow the marked trails.
- Climbing the mountain Huayna Picchu is considered among the 5 best short walks in the world.
- On the day of the visit, tourists must show the tickets along with their passport or identity document.