- It is estimated that Machu Picchu receives more than 1 million tourists a year.
- Due to the number of visitors, defined entry schedules were established.
- Tourists who wish to visit Machu Picchu have to choose one of the schedules offered by the Inca City.
- The entry schedules depend on each type of Machu Picchu entrance.
- Know what types of tickets are available and what are the schedules or shifts to choose.
- Making the corresponding reservation is the first big step for the dream trip.
- Opening hours Machu Picchu Only
- Opening hours Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
- Opening hours Machu Picchu + Mountain
- Opening hours Machu Picchu + Museum
- Recommendations to get entrance to Machu Picchu
Opening hours Machu Picchu Solo
The Machu Picchu Solo ticket allows entry only to the Inca Citadel. The availability is 2,500 people per day, in 2 schedules or shifts. There is no age limit for income.
- Machu Picchu Morning shift: From 6 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- o This ticket allows you to enter the Inca Citadel from six to twelve in the morning. You can stay up to 4 hours after you enter.
- Machu Picchu Afternoon shift: From 12 p.m. until 5.30 p.m.
- o This ticket allows you to enter the Inca Citadel from noon until five thirty in the afternoon. You can stay up to 4 hours after making your deposit.
This Machu Picchu ticket must be booked weeks in advance.
Opening hours Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu
This entrance allows you to enter Machu Picchu and the Huayna Picchu mountain. Availability is 400 people per day divided into 2 groups or schedules of 200 each.
- Huayna Picchu Group 1: The entrance to Huayna Picchu is 7 a.m. at 8 a.m.
- o The entrance to Huayna Picchu is from seven to eight in the morning. The ticket also allows entry to Machu Picchu from six in the morning. The departure is at one in the afternoon.
- Huayna Picchu Group 2: Entrance to Huayna Picchu from 10 a.m. at 11 a.m.
- o The entrance to Huayna Picchu is from ten to eleven in the morning. This ticket also allows the visit to Machu Picchu from six in the morning. The departure is until two in the afternoon.
This ticket must be booked months in advance. It is the fastest one that runs out.
The entrance to the mountain Huayna Picchu is allowed only to tourists over 12 years. The other attractions are suitable for everyone.
Opening hours Machu Picchu + Mountain
This ticket grants the entrance to Machu Picchu and the mountain Machu Picchu. The availability is 800 people per day, divided into two groups of 400 each.
- Machu Picchu Mountain Group 1: The entrance to the mountain is 7 a.m. at 8 a.m.
- o The ticket allows you to enter Machu Picchu from 6 a.m. Between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. it is the entrance to the mountain. In total, the visitor can stay until 2 p.m.
- • Machu Picchu Mountain Group 2: The entrance to the mountain is 9 a.m. at 10 a.m.
- The entrance to Machu Picchu starts at 6 a.m. After a few hours, you enter the mountain (from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.) The output is at most until 3 p.m.
This ticket must be purchased weeks in advance. It is the great alternative if you did not get a ticket to Huayna Picchu.
Opening hours Machu Picchu + Museum
With this entry, tourists’ access both Machu Picchu and the Machu Picchu Site Museum, which exposes some finds found in the Inca archaeological site.
- The entrance to Machu Picchu can be done in one of the 2 available shifts:
- Morning shift schedule: From 6 a.m. until 12 p.m.
- Late shift schedule: From 12 p.m. until 5.30 p.m.
- The entrance to the Museum ‘Manuel Chávez Ballón’ of Machu Picchu is in the following schedule:
- Machu Picchu Museum Hours: From 9 a.m. until 4.30 p.m.
The tourist must organize his visit to the museum according to the schedule in Machu Picchu. This ticket must be purchased weeks in advance.
Recommendations to get entrance to Machu Picchu
- Once the reservation of the tickets is made Machu Picchu must do the same with the train tickets. The train tickets are also in high demand.
- The Huayna Picchu ticket must be purchased up to 4 months before. Especially in the high tourism period (from April to October).
- The rainy season (from November to March) coincides with the season of little tourism. This allows greater freedom when visiting Machu Picchu.
- To enter Machu Picchu as early as possible, it is recommended to spend the night in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town).
- To get to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes it is recommended to take a bus. If you do it walking, you could get exhausted to the Inca site.
- If you want to spend all day in Machu Picchu, you must acquire the entrance ticket in the two available shifts: morning and afternoon.