Did you know that children and teenagers can enjoy an incredible experience in Machu Picchu? They will not stop to be surprised at everything they will find in the Inca City. Also, if you want to visit Machu Picchu and plan to come with minors, remember that they have a special discount.
- Who can access the special discount for minors?
- What requirements do you need to get this discount?
- How to get the special entrance for minors?
- More information about the Machu Picchu ticket for minors
Who can access the special discount for minors?
- To promote family travel, the Machu Picchu authorities promote the discount for children and adolescents.
- This reduced rate of almost half of the normal price of the entrance ticket is allowed for visitors of all nationalities.
- All children and teenagers between the ages of 8 and 17 are considered minors.
- Children and adolescents from Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia; they have a special discount in Machu Picchu because of an agreement with the Andean Community of Nations (CAN).
What requirements do you need to get this discount?
- To get this discount, tourists must book their ticket for minors in Cusco or online (with the website of an authorized tourist agency).
- To access the special discount for children and teenagers; Visitors must certify the minor’s age with an identity document.
- The required documents can be the passport or the current identity document.
- On the day of the visit, children and teenagers must enter showing their entry, identity document and be accompanied by their parents.
How to get the special entrance for minors?
Do you want to book this Machu Picchu entrance? You should only follow the following 6 steps:
1Enter the website of an authorized tourism agency for the sale of Machu Picchu tickets.
3Complete the reservation form with the information of the visitors as well as the minor.
4Send a digital copy of visitors’ passports. In case of minors, you can also send the identity document.
5 Make the payment of the Machu Picchu tickets requested. Tickets for minors have a discount of almost 50%.
66) Receive the Machu Picchu tickets in the inbox of your email. To enter, tourists should only print the tickets and present them on the day of the visit.
More information about the Machu Picchu ticket for minors
- Minors enter Machu Picchu in the company of their father, mother, attorney or both.
- It should be considered that the Huayna Picchu mountain can only be visited by children over 12 years old.
- The trek to Machu Picchu mountain has no age limit.
- If you are going to visit Machu Picchu with a baby or child in your arms, you must take it with a baby sitter. It is not allowed to enter cars for babies or children.
- To visit Machu Picchu with minors you must bring: water, sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, rain cover and snacks.