Since July 2017, by the arrangement of the Ministry of Culture of Peru, the entrance to Machu Picchu takes place in two shifts. This in order to preserve the Inca city and that more people can visit it.
Usually, the highest traffic of visitors in Machu Picchu occurs in the morning, as it is the schedule in which visitors enter the mountains of Machu Picchu and those who enter the Inca Trail, in addition to visitors who alone will visit the Inca citadel. The crowd crowds the Inca city, especially in high season; this can cause you some stress, and if you want a quieter and less congested ride, then it is advisable to visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon.
- Visit Machu Picchu on the afternoon shift
- How do I visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon?
- More data and information
Visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon shift
The afternoon schedule of visiting the Inca city begins at noon. And contrary to what many may think the afternoon is one of the best times to visit Machu Picchu, especially during the season changes and the dry season (May to October). During this time the sunsets are warm, the sun displays its rays illuminating the Inca city in a special way, which allows us to take beautiful pictures of the buildings and the natural surroundings of Machu Picchu.
The smaller influx of tourists at sunset allows you to travel the Inca city more peacefully, you will feel more at ease in it as it will have the clearest spaces, which will give you better views of the Inca city and thus you can better enjoy Machu Picchu. If the sky is clear the sunset is another gift that will give you Machu Picchu and you can only enjoy the afternoon schedule.
How do I visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon?
To visit Machu Picchu in the afternoon you will have to buy the Ticket Machu Picchu Only – Afternoon Shift, with this ticket you can enter the Inca city from 12:00 noon and stay in it until 17:30 hours. The afternoon ticket to visit Machu Picchu allows you to visit the entire Inca citadel (buildings, monuments, palaces, terraces and more). During the afternoon you cannot enter any of the mountains of Machu Picchu, but you can do some other short hikes like the Intipunku (Sun Gate) or the one that will take you to the Inca Bridge.
More data and information
- If you want to visit Machu Picchu in a single day, you can only do so if you enter Machu Picchu in the afternoon shift.
- To enter Machu Picchu you must take the services of a guide, you can do it in a shared way in a group or taking a private guided services.
- Fans and professionals of photography indicate that the sunset is one of the best moments to take shots of Machu Picchu.
- You must enter the Inca city at the established time to take advantage of all the time available to visit Machu Picchu, as this time cannot be extended.
Visiting Machu Picchu at sunset will bring you many surprises. Do not let more time pass and reserve your Ticket Machu Picchu Afternoon Shift. Our web platform will help you book your ticket quickly, easily and at the best price. Guaranteed!!!