In 2018, Machu Picchu received more than one million tourists from all over the world. The Waynapicchu Mountain, as every year, was the most requested destination and, therefore, its ticket the most difficult to obtain. This 2019, entering the so-called ‘Young Mountain’ is once again the target of thousands of visitors. How to ascend its steep trails considered one of the most incredible short walks in the world? Know everything you need to know about the Huayna Picchu Ticket 2019.
- How to buy the Ticket Huayna Picchu 2019?
- Discounts for the Ticket Huayna Picchu 2019
- How is the tour of the Huayna Picchu Mountain?
- Important information
How to buy the Ticket Huayna Picchu 2019?The Huayna Picchu Mountain (2720 masl) also called ‘Montaña Joven’ is a summit that rises in the northern part and 300 meters higher than the Inca Citadel (2430 masl) Its steep roads are narrow and bordering with frightening ravines making the I climb an adventure. From the top, you can see all the characteristic landscape of the place. For many tourists, visiting Machu Picchu without Waynapicchu is not the same.This 2019, to climb to its top you need to book the Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu. The most important thing is to do it in advance. In low tourist season (from October to March) you can make your reservation 2 months in advance. However, during the peak tourist season (from March to October), you must separate your tickets 4 months or more in advance. This with special emphasis in the months of May, June, and July. The following steps are what must be followed to get the long-awaited ticket:
a)Make the reservation:
- Check the availability of Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Choose the day and the shift of your income.
- Enter the email with which you make the purchase process.
- Complete the reservation form.
- After sending the reservation form, a reservation confirmation will be sent to your email.
b)Make the payment:
- After making the reservation process, a PayPal payment link will arrive to your email. You have 3 hours to make the payment through this means, which accepts credit and debit cards. Another option is to do it with Western Union or a bank transfer at the International Bank of Peru (Interbank). For these last two cases, it is necessary to indicate it through email.
c)Print the tickett:
- You will receive an email with virtual tickets to Huayna Picchu. Print it or present it on a digital device (Tablet, Smartphone) the day of your admission.
ScheduleOnly 400 people a day divided into 2 groups of 200 each can make their entry to the mountain Huayna Picchu. Visitors can choose one of the two groups available. Both provide adequate time for, in addition to ascending the Waynapicchu, they can tour Machu Picchu. Then the two available shifts:
- 1st Group enters from 07:00 a.m. at 08:00 a.m. (The entrance to Machu Picchu is in two schedules: from 6:00 a.m. or 7:00 a.m., according to the chosen time and stipulated in your ticket. The visitor can stay in the Inca city until 01:00 p.m.).
- 2nd. Group enters the Waynapicchu from 10:30 a.m. at 11:30 a.m (The visitor enters after 08:00 a.m. to Machu Picchu and stay at Machu Picchu until 02:00 p.m.).
Discounts for the Ticket Huayna Picchu 2019The Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu has special discounts for university students, citizens who are members of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN) and those under 18 years of age. These are the necessary documents to access this benefit:
- University students: current university card and identity document or passport.
- Citizens’ members of the CAN: identity document proving their citizenship.
- Under 18 years old: identity document proving your age.
How is the tour of the Huayna Picchu Mountain?The Waynapicchu tour is considered one of the most incredible short walks in the world. It is a route of approximately one hour of ascent and another one of descent. The adventure begins in the control booth, located north of the Inca Citadel. The visitor must register and start the ascent. The road is steep and narrow. At the edges there are ravines not suitable for people with fear of heights. However, there are safety and signaling cords throughout the journey.At the top you can see all the beauty of Machu Picchu. It is the ideal place to take the best photos of the Wonder of the World. It is also a good time for reflection and meditation. On the descent you should visit the Temple of the Moon, the only Inca temple located on the Waynapicchu Mountain. After visiting the Huayna Picchu, the visitor can tour the Inca Citadel.
Important informationBy 2019, (you must take into account the) security measures to safeguard the Inca site of Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu as well as the physical integrity of the visitor:
- People under 12 years old will not be able to enter Huayna Picchu..
- Huayna Picchu Mountain is not recommended for people who suffer from vertigo or fear of heights.
- Machu Picchu opens its doors from 06:00 a.m. It is recommended to be punctual with your chosen time when entering the Waynapicchu mountain.
- They will not be able to enter Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu with a backpack superior to 5 kilos of weight.
- They cannot enter with sticks of selfies, shoes with heels, baby cars, metal-tipped sticks (only with rubber tip), drones, tripods and objects for advertising or propaganda of some kind.
- It is recommended to carry only what is necessary: water in a canteen, camera, hat or cap, sunscreen, light clothing, towel, snacks, among others.