The Ticket Machu Picchu Only, is the most popular ticket to enter Machu Picchu, with this ticket you can visit the entire Inca city and know everything that keeps inside Machu Picchu; temples, squares, enclosures, monuments and platforms will delight your eyes, and you can enjoy the adventure of some of their short walks, such as the Inca Bridge or the walk to Intipunku or Sun Gate. Each place of the sacred Llaqta of the Incas will generate astonishment and emotion.
The Ticket Machu Picchu Only, has two variants and allows you to choose between two schedules to enter the Inca city of Machu Picchu.
- Morning shift to enter Machu Picchu
- Afternoon shift to enter Machu Picchu
- When to book the Ticket Machu Picchu Only?
Morning shift to enter Machu Picchu
- Hours: 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Capacity: 3000 people
- Type of Ticket: Ticket Machu Picchu – First shift
The morning shift of Ticket Machu Picchu allows to enter the Inca city from six in the morning and stay in it until noon. The morning is conducive to visiting Machu Picchu, with a cool atmosphere, walking through the citadel through its stone walls becomes very pleasant, and if it goes early enough it is possible to observe the sunrise – especially during the dry season.
It is necessary to arrive a day earlier to the town of Aguas Calientes to spend the night there and take the buses that will take you to the entrance gate of Machu Picchu very early, so that you can stay and enjoy the longest possible time. However, visitors who for various reasons enter after 10 in the morning, will be able to stay for 4 hours inside the city, in order that they may have a prudent time to know the Inca citadel.
Afternoon shift to enter Machu Picchu
- Hours: 12:00 h. – 5:30 p.m.
- Capacity: 2673 people
- Type of Ticket: Ticket Machu Picchu – Second shift
The second shift of Ticket Machu Picchu allows to enter the Inca city from 12 noon and stay in it until five and a half in the afternoon. Visiting Machu Picchu during the afternoon hours is very rewarding, during the evening the sky is usually clear, causing the rays of sun to fall warmly on the citadel; As the evening progresses, the visitor’s influx decreases, allowing you to enjoy Machu Picchu with more tranquility and space, and you can get photos without so many unknown people in them.
This schedule allows you to arrive the same day to Machu Picchu from Cusco, and even return to it at night. It is recommended to enter Machu Picchu at the start time established on the shift, since visitors must leave the Inca city indefectibly at 5:30 pm, and if you enter very late you will not be able to extend your visit time.
When to book the Ticket Machu Picchu Only?
During the low season of tourism (from November to April) it is possible to purchase the ticket Machu Picchu Solo two or three days in advance. In high tourist season (from May to October) it is necessary to book your ticket at least two weeks in advance.
- By order of the authorities, one must enter Machu Picchu by contracting the services of an authorized guide, either privately or in a group. You can hire guided services at the same entrance gate to the Inca city or do so in advance through a travel agency.
- You must properly coordinate the arrival and departure times of your train tickets according to the itinerary of your visit to Machu Picchu.
- It is forbidden to take food inside the sanctuary, if it is possible to take some light snacks. It is recommended to carry water in a reusable container.
- It is recommended to enter the sanitary services before entering the Inca citadel, since within the same there are no such services.
- At the entrance gate to Machu Picchu you will be asked for your printed Ticket Machu Picchu and your personal identification documents. Do not forget to take them with you.