Machu Picchu hides an enigmatic story in each of its stone walls. To know it better it is mandatory to have an authorized tour guide. Thus, each corner of the Inca Citadel will be valued as its more than 500 years of history deserve. Here we explain step by step how to get a qualified guide in the Wonder of the World.
- Book the Machu Picchu Ticket
- Plan the trip
- Hire a guide
- Guided service in Machu Picchu
- Important information
The guide service is important because in addition to providing a historical point of view, offers entertaining anecdotes during the trip to Machu Picchu. In addition, the guide is in charge of encouraging tourists to care for and preserve the Inca Citadel highlighting the value of the Inca Wonder for humanity. As of July 1, 2017, hiring a guide is mandatory.
Book the Machu Picchu Ticket.
The first step is to book the ticket to Machu Picchu. This must be carefully chosen on the date and time that best suits the visitor. There are 4 types of tickets. All must be reserved in advance, however the entry ticket to Huayna Picchu is the first to run out. This must be separated up to 3 months in advance. Then the 3 steps to get the Machu Picchu Ticket:
- Step 1: Choose between the 4 types of tickets offered by imachupicchuticket.com along with the schedule and the day of entry to Machu Picchu. Then you must fill in the required personal information.
- Step 2: Make the corresponding payment through Paypal. This fast and secure platform accepts credit and debit cards. It can also be done with Western Union or a bank transaction at the International Bank of Peru (Interbank).
- Step 3: Print the virtual ticket that you will receive in your email. This must be presented at the entrance to Machu Picchu along with the documents with which you made your reservation (passport or identity document).
Plan the trip
The second step is to organize the trip to Peru. This based on the day of entry to Machu Picchu. The most important thing is to separate the train tickets. This is the most common way to get to the Inca Citadel if it is not through the Inca Trail and must be reserved along with the tickets to the Inca City. The rest to organize are air flights to Peru, hotels, etc. In high season (May to August) everything must be booked with more anticipation due to the high demand for tourism.
Hire a guide
There are two ways to hire a guide for Machu Picchu. The first is to do it in advance through a reservation. The second is to do it at the entrance gate to the Inca Citadel. The tourist guides that are located there have their credentials and are always available to accept the tourist’s request. However, in high season, the large numbers of visitors make it difficult to get one. For that time is when you should book the guide service.
Guided service in Machu Picchu
The guided service in Machu Picchu lasts on average 2 hours or 2 hours and 30 minutes. The maximum number of tourists is 16 people. The costs are between 25 and 50 soles ($ 8 and $ 16). That depending on the type of service:
- Shared guide service: This service goes from 2 to 16 people. The costs depend on the number of tourists. Groups can be formed at the entrance to the Wonder of the World.
- Private Guided Service: This service is for a previously established and reserved group. You can set the guidance language and the characteristics of the guide.
- The guide service is mandatory for all tourists who enter the Inca Citadel.
- The maximum number is 16 people per group.
- If you re-enter the Inca Citadel on another shift or the next day it is not necessary to rehire the services of a tour guide. You will only have to show the previous entry ticket at the time of your new entry.
- It is forbidden to leave or transfer to another guiding group.
- In high season it is advisable to book all services to Machu Picchu in advance. Also the guidance service.
Machu Picchu is full of incredible stories and thousands of adventures. Book your tickets to the Inca Citadel through imachupicchuticket.com.