- Huayna Picchu is the best adventure that the visitor can find inside Machu Picchu.
- This mountain is located within Machu Picchu, at 2720 meters above sea level almost 300 meters higher than the Inca Citadel.
- Waynapicchu has ancient Inca staircases on the edge of terrifying cliffs.
- The best views of Machu Picchu can be seen from the top of Huayna Picchu.
- Getting to the top of Huayna Picchu is considered one of the most amazing short walks that exist in the world.
- Tickets to Huayna Picchu are exhausted months before. Few tourists have the opportunity to visit the Waynapicchu.
Entrance to Huayna Picchu is only allowed to tourists over 12 years old.
Calendar of tickets available at Huayna Picchu
- Below we present the availability calendar. There, visitors can check if tickets are still available for Huayna Picchu.
- To check for availability, you must first choose the group or schedule of the Huayna Picchu ticket (Group 1 or Group 2).
- Then you must select the date you wish to visit.
- ‘100’ means that there are still a hundred tickets available. ‘Sold Out’ means that there are no more tickets left.
- If tickets are available, you should take advantage of booking them as soon as possible. Just click on ‘Reserve now’.
What does the Huayna Picchu ticket include?
- This entrance includes the visit to Machu Picchu. Of course, the entrance to Huayna Picchu is insured.
- In Huayna Picchu, tourists can visit the Temple of the Moon, the ‘Stairs of Death’ and appreciate the best views of Machu Picchu.
- In Machu Picchu, tourists can visit the main Inca buildings such as: the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Condor, the Temple of the Sun, etc.
- In Machu Picchu, tourists can also take walks to the Inca Bridge or Intipunku (Sun Gate).
What are the hours of the Huayna Picchu ticket?
- Huayna Picchu presents two income groups. Group 1, makes its entrance to Waynapicchu between 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. Group 2, between 10 :30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- With the Huayna Picchu ticket you can also visit Machu Picchu. Group 1 can enter Machu Picchu at 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. according to the chosen schedule. Group 2, enters at 8 a.m.
This ticket and all types of Machu Picchu tickets are valid for the day and visiting hours printed on the ticket.
- Huayna Picchu entrance Group 1: from 7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
- Huayna Picchu entrance Group 2: from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- The Huayna Picchu Group 1 ticket has an availability of 200 people per day.
- You can enter Machu Picchu in one of the two established hours as indicated by your ticket: Entrance from 6:00 a.m. or entry after 7:00 a.m.
- This entrance is a good option because it allows you to ascend to Huayna Picchu when there is still no person there.
- The entrance to the Waynapicchu is from 7 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. At that time the environment is suitable for a fresh walk without the sun’s heat in full light. The departure is at 1 p.m.
- Currently, only the Huayna Picchu Group 1 ticket allows you to visit the famous Temple of the Moon.
- The Huayna Picchu Group 2 ticket has an availability for 200 visitors per day.
- You can enter Machu Picchu starting at 8:00 a.m.
- It is recommended to first perform guided by the Inca city of Machu Picchu tour.
- This entrance is an excellent option because the ascent is in full light. It is the best time to take pictures from the top.
- The entrance to Waynapicchu starts at 10:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. The departure is until 2 p.m.
- Currently, this ticket does not allow visiting the Temple of the Moon.
- The Huayna Picchu Group 2 ticket runs out faster than Group 1.
- The Huayna Picchu ticket has high demand. However, only 400 visitors per day are allowed to enter. This causes that it must be reserved months in advance.
- It is rare to find tickets available by booking one or two months in advance. It is best to buy tickets online up to 3 months before.
- If you plan to visit the Huayna Picchu in May, June, July or August; It is necessary to buy tickets 3 months in advance.
To book tickets to Huayna Picchu, you must complete the following steps:
- Check if there are free tickets in the availability calendar.
- Complete the ‘Reservation Form’ with the personal data of the visitors.
- Make the payment of Huayna Picchu tickets (by Visa, MasterCard or PayPal).
- Print the Huayna Picchu tickets that will be sent to the visitor’s email.
- Present the tickets on the day of the visit to Huayna Picchu.
The Huayna Picchu entrance allows the following discounts:
- University students: pre-graduate students under 25 years old.
- Minors: young people from 13 to 18 years old accompanied by their parents.
- Citizens of the Andean Community: citizens or residents of Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia.
To access the discounts, you must make the reservation with the sending of a copy or digital photograph with the following documents:
- University students: current university card.
- Minors: passport or identity document.
- Citizens of the Andean Community: passport, identity card or immigration card.
- Huayna Picchu tickets usually sell out if they are not booked in advance.
- Yes after checking several times that there is no availability; it is recommended to look for another date of visit.
- Unfortunately, if you can not change the date of visit, you can not find availability for the Huayna Picchu ticket.
- If you do not find tickets available for Huayna Picchu, a great option is to buy an entrance to Machu Picchu + Montaña.
Information about Huayna Picchu Group 1
Information about Huayna Picchu Group 2
How much in advance to buy the Huayna Picchu entrance?
How to book the Huayna Picchu ticket?
How to access the discounts of the Huayna Picchu ticket?
What to do if there is no availability for the Huayna Picchu ticket?
The Machu Picchu mountain is a new hiking trail in the Wonder of the World. Its summit offers spectacular views as Huayna Picchu.
Learn a little more about Huayna Picchu
- Huayna Picchu is a Quechua word (language of the Incas) which means ‘Young Mountain’.
- It is estimated that the distance of the walk to the top of the Waynapicchu is 2 kilometers.
- The difficulty of the walk is challenging. Due to the trails along the precipices of Huayna Picchu, it is not recommended to tourists who fear the heights.
- The Waynapicchu mountain is not dangerous. There are security ropes and surveillance personnel in the most difficult sections of the road.
- On the slopes of this mountain, the Incas built the Temple of the Moon. The function of this room is still a mystery.
- The ‘Escaleras de la Muerte’ is an extreme and difficult stretch in Huayna Picchu. Despite the name, no one lost their lives there.
- Admission is only allowed to people over 12 years old.
How to get more information about this ticket?
- If you have already decided to climb the Huayna Picchu mountain, know that we can take care of your tickets.
- You can request more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (51) 84403077.