iTicketMachuPicchu is a virtual platform that allows you to purchase your Machu Picchu entry ticket from anywhere in the world, quickly and securely. However, according to the regulations of the Peruvian authorities and especially those of the Ministry of Culture of Peru, it is essential that in order to make your reservation you must send us a copy of your personal identification document.
When completing the reservation form, you must fill in the required fields with your personal data, and these must match the information that appears on the identification document you assign in the form.
- Which identification documents are valid for my reservation?
- Why should I send my identification document?
- How and where should I send the copy of my documents?
- Identity documents for minors
Which identification documents are valid for my reservation?
All official identity documents issued by the respective nations to their citizens are valid for booking your Ticket Machu Picchu. Below is a list of the most common documents with which you can make your reservation.
- National Identification Document
- Identity card
- Aliens’ card
- University card (for students)
Why should I send my identification document?
You must send us a digital copy or image of your identification document with which I make the reservation since at the time of processing your reservation and generate the ticket on your behalf, will be made the respective review of the data entered on your form with your identity document. Please note that the ticket Machu Picchu is personal, nominal and non-transferable. This procedure is carried out for the correct identification of visitors entering Machu Picchu, by the security regulations established by the sanctuary authorities and by Peruvian tax administration regulations. All in order that when entering the Inca city of Machu Picchu do it without any inconvenience and safely.
It should be borne in mind that errors in the data that appear on the entry ticket, or if the data on the ticket do not match those on the identity card, may be cause for not allowing you to enter Machu Picchu.
Important! The identity document must have an updated effective date when you make the reservation, and its validity must be maintained, also, until the day you enter Machu Picchu.
How and where should I send the copy of my documents?
Once you have filled out the reservation form with your respective data and have sent it, immediately afterward you should write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a digital copy or image of the identity documents of each and every person who were registered in the reservation. The copies or images you send should be clear and legible.
Identity documents for minors
- Minors between 8 and 17 years of age have access to a special rate at the price of the Machu Picchu Ticket. To verify your status and prove your age, it is essential that you send a digital copy of your identity document.
- Minors under the age of 8 do not pay the entrance fee to Machu Picchu. but you have to verify your age with your respective identity document.
- Minors entering the Inca city must be accompanied by their parents or a duly certified proxy.
Attention! Remember that on the day you enter the Inca city of Machu Picchu, you must have your Ticket Machu Picchu printed and your original identity card; since these will be requested at the entrance door of the Inca city.